Fluid. Expressive. Vibrant. These are just some of the ways we like to describe instructor Kristina Tonev’s stunning paintings. In this course, she will help you master the art of Acrylic Pouring and even in just one session, you will gain new techniques, inspirations and an Acrylic Pouring masterpiece of your own!
Acrylic Pouring Experience (One-day workshop)
January 25 (Monday, 3:00pm - 4:30pm EST)
- Acrylic pouring is a fascinating fluid painting technique which produces a variety of effects. Depending on the paints and materials, beginners and intermediate artists alike will be able to experience and explore this therapeutic medium of creativity.
You can find Kristina’s acrylic pouring artwork exhibited in galleries around the globe. Everywhere from the UK to New York, France, Rome, Shanghai…this is your chance to learn quickly how to create acrylic pouring art that galleries can also crave to have on their walls, Art that is one of a kind and can never be replicated. Art that buyers appreciate and are excited to invest their money in. In this course you will see it can be possible for you too. You will learn both how to acrylic pour – and then how you can make real money from your art. Join this class if you want to be yourself through art, be respected for your art, as you deserve to be!
Whether you’re stuck with muddy pours and cracking, or you’ve watched hundreds of videos on youtube but your work is a hot mess, you feel you are wasting time, money and art supplies, this course can help and will teach you how to pour like a pro.
A list of needed materials:
For your convenience, we teamed up with A Cherry on Top, art supplies. Order any product with a 20% discount using promo code AGORA20.
You may choose any other supplier or product you prefer.
● Liquitex pouring medium
● primed canvas (ex.40x30cm)
● 4 acrylic colours (ex.Indigo Blue, Payne’s Grey, Titanium White, Cerulean Blue)
● silicone oil
● 5 cups
● 4 mixing tools
● heat gun (optional)
For your convenience, here is a more detailed explanation of the list of recommended materials for the course:
● start with a small canvas, for example, 40 cm x 30 cm.
Gesso (if the canvas is not primed, or you want to add one layer to the canvas)
● there are different colors of Gesso, but it is recommended to use the clear one.
● if your canvas is not primed, you need this to prepare it before the class. Learn how to prime your canvas by watching the video course preparation video below
● if you bought a primed canvas, you can still cover one layer of Gesso to be sure
● at least 4 colors
● size of tube is optional- 60 mL or 120 mL
● you are free to use any brand of acrylic paint. The brand used for demonstration is Daler Rowney System 3 and Graduate acrylic paints
● it is essential to use Liquitex Pouring Medium
● Size optional as only few drops will be used
● no specific brand, but it has to be pure silicone oil without any additives, no alternatives such as hair serum
● Cold tap water is fine
● You may use distilled water if the water quality is not ideal in your area
● small paper cups (8 oz.) or any kind of cups you have available
● A wooden tool especially designed for mixing paint is recommended
● You can use other tools available, such as a fork
Thin cardboard squares
● This will be needed only if you plan to use more than one cup on the canvas
● Rubber gloves
● Syringe (for water)
● Heat gun (to secure the look if paint is too runny)
● Scales (if you would like to weigh your paint and pouring medium for perfect consistency)
● Pins (for the back of the canvas, so it doesn’t stick to surface while drying, you can use same cups if no pins on hand)
● Colour wheel
● Waterproof worktop (plastic bag covering the table or similar)
● Wet cloth or paper towels (for a quick wipe when you get paint on yourself)
● Spirit Level (to make sure the surface is level before leaving the pour to dry)
All can be found on Amazon, Hobbycraft or other art supply shops.
*Please note, that these are all recommended in order to enhance your satisfaction and ability to achieve nice outcomes, however please feel free to choose your material according to your preferences and budget.
You can also watch this as preparation:
Kristina Tonev | Acrylic Pouring Artist & Instructor
Kristina Tonev, also known as SirK, is an award-winning acrylic pouring instructor with more than 20 years of painting experience. Kristina specializes in enhancing art techniques and helps other artists to turn their art into masterpieces. You can find her acrylic pouring artwork exhibited around the globe. Everywhere from London to New York, France, Rome, Shanghai and more.
This workshop has brought clarity on the correct way to attempt this technique. Kristina shows how to do it and explains the "why" as well. I can see the progression of my efforts with each attempt. The length of each session is perfect. I have been very happy with my choice to take this worshop.
I love how concise and easy the information was to follow. I feel confident in re-creating what was taught.
Please let us know when is the best time for you.
We will do our best to coordinate with you one of our upcoming courses.